Friday, May 9, 2014

Funny Face

"What's wrong, Sweetie?" I asked my hubby the other evening.

"Nothing," growled He.

"No, really?" I persisted. "Your face is all screwed up and you are growling."

"There is NOTHING wrong!" insisted The Hubster, his face growing more contorted.

"Do you feel alright? Do you have a headache? Is your stomach bothering you? Are you thinking about a problem?" I continue to quiz.

I got up and went to grab a hand mirror. When I came back to the livingroom, I held it in front of his twisted expression.

"Well what's wrong with THAT?" roared Steve. "Why can't I have my face be any way I want it to be?"

Oh dear. And it had been such a lovely evening to that point.

"You can look any old way you want," I agreed. "I was just concerned about you, that's all." I headed out of the room to go put my mirror away. "You are my husband and your well being is of importance to me," I said over my shoulder.

"WHY WOULD YOU BE CONCERNED WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG?" came the reverberating shout from the once peace filled front room. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

*Sigh*

How I hate to be tempted this time of night, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so hard. My husband has a face made of rubber. It can contort itself into so many different looks and they usually reflect what he is thinking or "not saying". This often gets him into trouble at work because when he is miffed or unhappy about something his face contorts into so many expressions it leave them asking "What's wrong with you". He of course grumps "nothing" but already the seed is planted that he is a grump and uncooperative. If only he would say in a professional way what is bothering him. Usually its an OH&S issue or someone being lazy (usually his boss). When he wants to be confrontational with me he will often show me a face, with teeth showing. I almost laugh but i heed the warning that he needs time alone to cool down.

    ReplyDelete