Friday, March 20, 2015

Where Is My.... ahhhhh....

The older I get, the more I have stuffed in my brain to forget.

The worse is walking into the kitchen to fill my coffee cup, setting it down somewhere, then spending the next twenty minutes trying to figure out where I put it. I will usually find it after I've poured a fresh new cup.

My dear Aspie Spouse has no rhyme nor reason to his forgetfulness. He remembers the name of some random person he took a class with ten years ago, but can't remember the names of the couple we go to bible study with weekly.

He remembers the size of every engine ever built by Ford, Chrysler and Chevy, gear ratios for all rearends, torque numbers for various heads, model numbers for all of his larger tools, but he can't seem to remember birthdays or anniversaries of his immediate family.

He can't remember I told him we have our youngest son Manlet's high school baseball games  this week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Today is the first day of spring, and our 22nd anniversary.

Yes, I know - I do deserve a medal for bravery and endurance.

I received a text from The Hubster yesterday saying that he would be heading to Manlet's high school when he got off from work.

"when?" I texted back.

"From work now?" he replied.

"i don't understand" I shot back since I was on a call as he was texting me.

"What time is Manlet's game today?" was the texted response.

"what game?" texted I as my call ended. The heck with this. I called Steve.

"What game are you talking about?" I asked.

"Isn't there a baseball game today?" answered The Hubster quizzically.

"Ummm, no," I said. "He has a game tomorrow, which is also our anniversary."

"Do you want to go out to a nice dinner?" It was thoughtful for him to ask, but I didn't.

"No, Steve. I want to watch Manlet's game. It starts at 4:00 p.m. and will probably finish around 7:00 p.m. We might want to join the other team families at Ixtapa's in town afterwards." We often do this, especially after a win. We love our local Mexican restaurant.

"But it's our anniversary and you get mad when I forget," reasons my puzzled mate.

"I appreciate that you haven't forgotten, Dear, but we won't be able to do anything 'special' tomorrow. I'm okay with that." I try to explain.

I could hear the gears in Hubby's mind grinding away. I gave him a few more minutes to think, and then after continued silence I said goodbye and hung up.

He's probably still trying to figure out his next move, lol.

Meanwhile, I shall strut about today congratulating myself for my stick-to-it-tiveness and laughing when I finally find my coffee cup that I set down somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I JUST heard about this blog from Jeanette Jewel!!! I had NO IDEA you had Asperger "connections" too! Excited to read your blog!!!!
    ~Brenda Mock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it a small, small world! so glad to have you on board, especially since you know our youngest "manlet", lol... enjoy!

      Delete