Tuesday, March 20, 2012

(an aspie’s blog i found fascinating)


(I am sharing an Aspie’s blog that I found fascinating – I've left it original with no corrections)

Talking to Myself

 
"Wow, if only there was a hidden camera or microphone in my house, not that I encourage it, but you'd think I was a little nuts. I talk to myself a lot, and I mean...a lot! As a matter of fact, I'm repeating aloud much of what I'm writing at this time. Why do I do this? I have no clue, except maybe it's practicing for the real thing. I guess I like communicating, and I don't have to worry about what I'm saying being misconstrued or considered rude or boring.

I also comment aloud about what's happening on the TV, even when there's no one to hear it. To be honest, and you'll think I'm teetering on the edge of insanity, but I'll also hold imaginary conversations when no one is around. I'll imagine scerarios and hold the conversations aloud. No, I don't speak for everyone in this imaginary scenario, I only speak for myself, and imagine the answers of the others. What would you think if you heard me going on and on to someone who wasn't there? She's nuts! But what's wrong with having an active imagination? It can be a lot of fun! I'm not the only one with Aspergers Disorder/Syndrome who does this. I found that living a fantasy life is a common thing among Aspies when I was on the Wrong Planet forum.

Actually, I rarely talk to myself when someone else is around to hear it. I don't want to be committed and drowned like poor King Ludwig II,( many think he was actually suffereing from Aspergers Syndrome). Now, I don't think we can blame Aspergers for that rumor about his penchant for midnight campfires around which danced naked men, but really, who can blame him? That sounds like my kind of campfire.

Many people with Aspergers frequently talk to themselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment